EASTER WITH A DIFFERENCE | FOOD

16:58:00

Truth be told, I have never been a huge fan of hot cross buns. But they are an Easter staple I hear you chant, I know I know, Im ashamed of myself really. But I recently came across a bun alternative recipe that I just had to try out, Hot Cross Cookies! 

( For all you bun lovers out there head on over to Sarah's blog for a sumptuous recipe that I'd recommend you all test out! )


______________

Ingredients : 


200g softened butter, plus extra for the trays

100g caster sugar

1 egg

250g plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
100g sultanas
200g white chocolate chips

Prep Time : 20 minutes

Bake time : 10 minutes
______________



First I set my oven to 180C to make sure it's nice and toasty for the cookies later on. I then buttered up a couple of baking trays so the cookies wouldn't stick when they go into the oven and bake.

Once I was all prepped and ready I mixed the Butter, Sugar and Egg together until it formed a smooth and creamy mixture. Pro Tip: You need strong arms and stamina for this, my arms ached for a while after this part!

In a separate bowl I measured out the dry ingredients and then sieved them into the rest of the mixture. Once all of the dry mix was in the bowl I took a wooden spoon and combined it all until a dough was formed. Now it was time for the chocolate and raisins! I had to mix the dough for 5-10 minutes to make sure the raisins and chocolate were all well spaced throughout.


Once I was happy with the dough I covered my hands in flour and rolled it out into balls, I flattened the cookies out slightly once I put them all on the trays. Pro Tip: Butter up more trays than 2, I ended up with four trays of cookies! You have been warned!

I then placed all four trays of cookies into the oven and set a timer for 10 minutes. The bottom tray did take slightly longer to brown up but everyone likes cookies differently so you do you! I also melted up some white chocolate for decoration which I just used a spoon to drizzle it on top of the cookies.



And there we have it, Hot Cross Cookies! This was such a quick and tasty recipe to bake up. I hope you liked this recipe, let me know what you think of me uploading more foodie posts on here!

Until Next time - Katherine Elizabeth 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments