WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS | LIFESTYLE

18:03:00

As I am sure you all know, life just sometimes doesn't go the way it was initially planned to go. I had life all planned out when I moved into Aberdeen in September 2015. College in Aberdeen for two years, University in Dundee for three, get my own place, buy a dog, start a family - you get the gist. I loved my plan, and I still do but there are now some changes that need to be made. On Monday the 5th of June I found out that I hadn't achieved a high enough grade or interview score to get a space on the university course I have been dreaming of since 2014. I have got to be honest, I had set all of my hopes on Dundee, I was almost certain that it wasn't going to be a dream anymore. But as I said, life doesn't always go to plan.



The week I found out that I hadn't secured a place on the course was definitely a tough one to get through. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning, go to work or finish garments for college. I wanted to hide and wallow. But this is no way to get through anything, and with a spot of retail therapy and cuddles from my friends I am in a much better place than I was two weeks ago.

I have a plan for the next year but we will just have to see how it pans out - changes are bound to happen. But for the foreseeable future,  Aberdeen will continue to be my home, and if I am being honest I am as happy as can be about this. 

With this, it means that I will have a lot more free time. Time to go out on adventures, time to be more creative and explore new opportunities when it comes to art and textiles, and most importantly for this platform, I will have more time to make my blog the best it can be!

That is all for this little life update, it feels great being completely real with you guys. I want my blog to have more of a down to earth kind of vibe from now on - I'm a very open, straight talking girl in person so I'm going to channel that into this platform. 

Talk to you y'all real soon,

Katherine x 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i'm so orry to hear this, Katherine. Sometimes, though, the unexpected years turn out to be the best ones. I really hope that's true for you in the year ahead and that you'll find a way to continue chasing your dreams going forwards.
    Love and best wishes,
    - Laura (Whispering) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, I'm so sorry to hear that! Such a lame saying but I do truest believe that "everything happens for a reason" and "what's for you won't go by you." I can't wait to see where this next year takes you!

    ReplyDelete